Kelly Ralph and Nicola Martin answered the following questions:
- Should an employer formulate a log of claims prior to commencing enterprise bargaining? When do we introduce our log of claims to our employees and their union representatives?
- Do you have any simple tips to keep bargaining discussions on track and productive?
- We would like to terminate an employee’s employment on the basis of serious misconduct. Do we still need to apply procedural fairness?
- Spent convictions – I’ve heard that employers can no longer discriminate on the basis of old convictions when employing new employees or maintaining the employment of existing employees. Is this correct?
- Are we are still required to keep hard copies of onboarding documentation, such as employment contracts, TFN forms and superannuation forms?