Areas of Practice
Korina advises on a broad range of employment matters, including advising clients on termination matters, workplace sexual harassment, discrimination, requests for flexible work arrangements and wage and entitlements disputes.
Korina has experience representing clients with matters before the Fair Work Commission, VCAT, the Australian Human Rights Commission, the Victorian Equal Opportunity Human Rights Commission and the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia.
Experience and expertise
Recent examples of work undertaken by Korina include:
- Drafting policies, including COVID-19-related policies
- Advising on whether workers are independent contractors or employees
- Negotiating settlement of wage and entitlements disputes
- Negotiating settlement of workplace sexual harassment complaint at the Australian Human Rights Commission
- Advising on requests for flexible work arrangements
- Negotiating settlement of unfair dismissal and general protections claims at the Fair Work Commission.
Professional and community engagement
Korina has previously worked in community legal centres and has mentored over 100 university law students and is a member of Victorian Women Lawyers.
Korina has completed training on Building Aboriginal Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety in the Workplace through Koorie Heritage Trust.