Areas of Practice
Joanna advises and represents employers in all aspects of employment law and occupational health and safety law and conducts workplace investigations and reviews. Joanna is an excellent communicator and trainer and regularly delivers training to Boards, senior executives and employee groups.
Experience and expertise
Recent examples of work undertaken by Joanna include the following:
- Conducting workplace investigations and reviews for private, public sector and NFP clients.
- Advising on performance management steps including drafting of processes and appropriate documentation.
- Representing employers and officers in relation to potential OHS prosecution.
- Drafting OHS policies and procedures.
- Advising on fitness to work issues and workplace injury claims.
Professional and community engagement
Joanna is a Senior Fellow at Monash University in its Law Faculty postgraduate program and is a member of the Advisory Panel for the Monash University Law Faculty Master of Laws coursework program specialising in Workplace and Employment Law.
Joanna is a popular lecturer at Monash University in OHS, the Law of Workforce Management, Discrimination and Human Rights at Work and Workplace Investigations and Misconduct. She also is a contributing author to the LexisNexis publication – National Work Health and Safety Law.
Joanna is Chair of the TEAR Australia Board (a global overseas aid organisation) and is Vice Chair of the Board of Light Melbourne Inc (community radio station Light FM).