Kelly is an experienced employment and industrial relations lawyer who has acted for clients across a variety of industries including in the private, public and community sectors. She places a strong focus on client and stakeholder relationships and has an in-depth appreciation of the relevance of business drivers and objectives having worked in large corporate environments prior to coming to the law.
Kelly’s expertise includes legal and strategic advice in the areas of general employment, discrimination, industrial relations and litigation advice and support. Kelly has experience appearing on behalf of her clients in the Fair Work Commission and other federal tribunals.
Recent examples of work undertaken by Kelly include:
- Advising on transfer of business issues and employment entitlements in insolvency situations
- Advising and managing the day-to-day matters in unfair dismissal and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Court of Australia
- Assisting clients with discrimination claims through VCAT, the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Assisting a client to successfully object to a subpoena and win an order for costs
- Providing strategic industrial advice and preparing organisations for enterprise bargaining
- Assisting a client to terminate an enterprise agreement
- Supporting and advising clients to manage prolonged absenteeism and performance issues
- Advising clients on restraint of trade and post-employment confidentiality obligations
Kelly is a member of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria, the Law Institute of Victoria and Victorian Women Lawyers. She has provided pro-bono assistance to not-for-profit employers and vulnerable individuals. Kelly has published numerous articles on employment law and enjoys mentoring students and new lawyers.
03 8621 4568 Direct
Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Deakin University, 2012
Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Melbourne, 2001
Law Institute of Victoria
Industrial Relations Society of Victoria
Victorian Women Lawyers