Graham practices predominantly in occupational health, safety and environmental law across a diverse range of industries including government, resources, geotechnical, quarrying, construction, manufacturing (including chemicals, pharmaceuticals and food), transport, recycling and construction waste and the health sector (including hospitals, aged care and mental health care).
He has managed the defence of many prosecutions and Coronial inquests, is an accredited trainer and has conducted major compliance reviews of occupational health, safety and/or environmental systems.
Graham is a senior practitioner in occupational health, safety and environmental law. Graham has worked as a prosecutor for the predecessor to Worksafe, as a partner in national law firms (including as practice group head and managing partner of the Melbourne office) and established his own occupational health, safety and environment practice.
Recent examples of work undertaken by Graham include:
- Advising on regulatory notices imposed by regulatory agencies and on the management of incident investigations.
- Advising on occupational health, safety and environment, corporate social responsibility, Australian standards and certain industry specific regulatory issues.
- Assisting organisations prepare for the Harmonised WHS laws and accreditation audits.
- Representing clients, companies and/or individuals charged with offences.
- Conducting major compliance reviews of occupational health, safety and/or environmental systems and reporting to the Boards and/or Senior management in relation to due diligence and compliance.
- Identifying international treaty and other obligations or standards as the baseline for corporate social responsibility programs.
Graham owns and manages Australia’s largest Work Health and Safety online forum with in excess of 16,000 members. He has been an active member of Amnesty International for over 25 years and has spoken pro bono at numerous forums in the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors. Graham is also a keen competitor in the Ironman Triathlon. In his past three events he has raised almost $30,000 for the Very Special Kids Foundation.
03 8621 4500
Bachelor of Jurisprudence, Monash University, 1980
Graduate Diploma of Legal Studies, Monash University, 1989
Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Monash University, 1982
Certificate IV – Training and Assessment, 2010
Law Institute of Victoria