Cathy’s principal areas of practice are industrial relations and employment law. Cathy also advises employers in relation to discrimination matters.
Recent examples of work undertaken by Cathy include:
- Advising on matters including enterprise bargaining, good faith bargaining, transfer of business, modern awards, national employment standards, general employee protections, unfair dismissal, industrial action and union right of entry.
- Preparing and reviewing employment contracts and policy documentation.
- Advising client in performance management and dismissal processes including in relation to restructuring and redundancy.
- Advising and representing clients before the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising and representing clients in the defence of unlawful discrimination claims.
- Advising in relation to independent contractor arrangements and documentation.
- Advising clients in relation to bullying and harassment complaints and undertaking workplace investigations.
Cathy has served as an elected Council member of the Australian Institute of Human Resources.
03 8621 4501 Direct
Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University, 1998
Bachelor of Business, Curtin University, 1988
Australian Labour Law Association
Industrial Relations Society of Victoria
Law Institute of Victoria
Victorian Women Lawyers