3+ YEARS EMPLOYMENT LAWYER SOUGHT AT JUSTITIA LAWYERS
Justitia is seeking a lawyer at Associate level to join our legal practice team. Part-time applicants most welcome.
Justitia is an award-winning, female-led workplace relations law firm based in Melbourne. We help clients around Australia create and sustain exceptional workplaces. To read more about our values, work-types and sectors, please go to our website. We are looking for a colleague who likes to work collaboratively and flexibly in a collegial, supportive and cheerful environment, working with fantastic clients on interesting, diverse and complex matters.
Justitia has won multiple awards from bodies such as the Law Institute of Victoria (Law Firm of the Year) and AHRI (Sir Ken Robinson Award for Workforce Flexibility), and was named in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Employment Law Firm in 2021. We are recognised both in the legal industry and more broadly for our unique work culture and excellent client service. We believe that legal practitioners should not have to choose between having a successful career and a fulfilling, healthy personal life. We encourage you to reach out to one of our team to learn more about our culture and practice.
You should have 3+ years of post-admission experience and be available to work a minimum equivalent of four days per week. We are open about how you might want to work and we welcome a mutually supportive and flexible approach to the delivery of tasks.
At Justitia, you will be advising employer clients in a wide range of industries as well as contributing towards the practice development of the firm. You will be provided with support and coaching to help you build your profile.
We value the following skills and experience:
- advising on the gamut of workplace law;
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution;
- familiarity with advising in the public sector;
- conducting or assisting with investigations and workplace reviews; and
- familiarity with the range options for resolving conflict.
You do not need to have all of the above skillsets, but you must have:
- an ability to work in a manner consistent with Justitia’s highly collaborative and collegiate workplace approach, including the servicing of all clients and matters as a team player;
- a capacity to be client-focussed and contribute to the firm’s efforts in this area;
- an interest in learning about early intervention strategies for avoiding workplace conflict, including through delivering training, conducting investigations and developing other strategies for working with HR beyond the confines of ordinary legal practice;
- an interest and openness to exploring practical and cost-effective solutions; and
- an enthusiasm for business development and building strong client relationships.
Visit our Linkedin page for more.
Please note: applications closed on 5 October 2021.