Sarah’s principal practice areas span human resources law, employment and discrimination advice and litigation, arbitrating Code of Conduct breaches, workplace legal training and investigations into employee misconduct and bullying. Her clients are in the government, education and retail sectors. As a trained mediator, Sarah has a particular interest in early intervention to resolve conflict.
Sarah frequently presents papers on employment law developments at professional conferences. She enjoys collaborating with others and training senior executives on topics such as how to have difficult conversation with staff and managing workplace flexibility.
Recent examples of work undertaken by Sarah include:
- Supervising a large workplace review that involved interviews with 200 people, and reporting on bullying, complaint handling, engagement and culture issues.
- Advising on a restructure and redundancies for a not for profit.
- Assisting a local council with innovative drafting of workplace behaviours policies.
- Presenting training to Commonwealth government investigators on how to conduct a workplace investigation.
- Advising an education client about how to resolve entrenched conflict between two senior managers.
Sarah is the co-convenor of the Australasian Association of Workplace Investigators, which has been recently established and is the Australian chapter of its US counterpart. She is a member of the Advisory Board for the Centre of Employment and Labour Relations Law at the University of Melbourne and was previously a director of the Australian Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Until recently, Sarah also chaired an education board within the network of seven Loreto schools. She is currently a member of the Xavier College Council.
03 8621 4545 Direct
0419 539 486 Mobile
Master of Laws, University of Melbourne, 1998
Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Melbourne, 1991
Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne, 1991
Australasian Association of Workplace Investigators
Australian Human Resource Institute
Australian Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Association of Corporate Counsel (Australia)
Law Institute of Victoria
Victorian Women Lawyers