Magda assists her clients with a wide range of equal opportunity and employment law matters, including discrimination and sexual harassment complaints, enterprise agreements, modern award obligations and transfer of business. She has a particular interest in advising clients about compliance issues and interpreting industrial instruments.
Magda works with private, public and community sector clients across a range of industries, in particular local government, professional services, social and community services and information technology.
Magda regularly represents clients defending claims in the Fair Work Commission, VCAT and the Federal Court and assists her clients in their dealings with the Fair Work Ombudsman. She is also an experienced workplace investigator and is consistently rated highly for her training.
Recent examples of work undertaken by Magda include:
- Assisting a Council with its enterprise agreement.
- Advising a statutory authority with respect to injured employees.
- Conducting conflict of interest training for Council employees.
- Defending a client in the Fair Work Commission in an application for orders to stop bullying.
- Advising a professional services firm on the employment-related aspects of a sale of business.
- Presenting equal opportunity training to law firm employees.
- Advising a community services sector client about its employee health records obligations.
- Conducting a complex investigation for a higher education industry client.
Magda is often invited to present papers on employment law topics for human resources and other industry professional conferences. She has also published numerous articles in industry publications. Magda is the Pro Bono Coordinator at Justitia and mentors law students through the Victorian Women Lawyers mentoring program.
03 8621 4515 Direct
Bachelor of Arts, Monash University, 2002
Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Monash University, 2002
Australian Labour Law Association
Indigenous Law Students and Lawyers Association of Victoria – Tarwirri Inc (Associate Member)
Law Institute of Victoria
Victorian Women Lawyers